Video Poker is a very different game to to live table poker. Here are some of the reasons why many players prefer video poker machines, or Pokies as they’re known in Oz, to the poker room.
Best Reasons to Play Video Poker
- Video Poker offers excellent paybacks. The most popular game, Jacks or Better, has a 99.5% payback over time if you play your strategy well.
- The video poker games are based on five-card draw poker, which is relatively simple and easy to learn.
- There’s only one round per game. You only make one decision on whether to hold or discard your original set of cards. After that your final cards are dealt and the game is over. But it’s still a game of skill. Video Poker is not simply a game of pure chance like so many other slot machine type games. It’s interactive – you choose which cards to keep and which to discard.
- It does not have the intimidating elements of other players and dealers.
- None of the bluffing, ‘check and raise’ and other strategies you see in live poker are present. It’s just you against the machine. And you won’t need your poker face!
- This game is about mathematics, whereas live poker has a large element of psychology. Odds and statistics are all important if you want to do well at Video Poker.
- There are no time limits on how long you have to play your hand.
- You don’t have to beat anyone but the machine. If you’ve got 4-of-a-kind you win whatever is listed in the payout schedule. Your hand can’t be beaten by that of another player.
- You choose at the outset how much to wager. You don’t have to raise your stake to stay in the game as in live poker.
- A Royal Flush always brings you a big payout, especially if there’s a progressive jackpot on it.
- The game is available 24/7, all year round. No need to wait for enough other players to show up to make a game.
- You get to choose which of the various Video Poker games to play. They’ve all got their own appeal.
Final Conclusion of Poker Playstyles
There you have it, an extensive comparison on whether you should play video poker online or poker at an onsite casino! Choose what’s most favourable for you!