Video Poker games are based on five-card draw poker, which is simple and easy to learn.
To make it even easier we’ve got a basic video poker strategy card for you to print off and refer to as you play.
How do you use a video poker machine?
- Select a coin denomination and the number of coins you want to wager on the hand. Depending on the casino you are in, you may be able to select coins of 5c -$100. The maximum number of coins is usually 5.
- Click on ‘Play’ or ‘Deal’ and 5 cards will appear.
- Your aim is now to get the best hand you can, according to the rules and payout schedule of the particular game you are playing. You click to select which cards you want to hold. You can hold any number you like, from all 5 to none at all. Some games offer an optional ‘best strategy’ button which will select the cards for you according to the best statistical strategy for that game.
- You then click the ‘Deal’ button again. The cards you discarded are removed and new cards are dealt to replace them. This is your final hand.
- You are then awarded credits based on how good your final hand is. The amount you win depends on the payout schedule for that particular game. And the more you wagered, the greater the payout for the same hand.
- When you are ready to collect your winnings, simply click on ‘Collect’ and that amount will go into your player account.